The Borough has some volunteer opportunities available starting January 1, 2024. Some positions require specific qualifications. Most just require a willingness to get involved.
If interested please complete the Citizen Leadership Form available on this link, https://riverton-nj.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/citizen_leadersip_form.pdf and remit to the Borough Clerk.
The positions are open:
Historic Preservation Commission
- Class A – a person who is knowledgeable in building design and construction or architectural history. This person does not have to be a Borough resident. One (1) open position.
- Class B – a person who is knowledgeable of or who has a demonstrated interest in local history. This person does not have to be a Borough resident. One (1) open position.
- Class C – any resident of the Borough who shall hold no other municipal office municipal position or municipal employment except for membership on the Planning Board. Three (3) open positions.
- Alternates – same qualifications as Class C member. Two (2) open positions.
Possible openings for:
- Planning Board
- Economic Improvement Committee
- Parks and Recreation
- Green Team
- Board of Health